20.12.10

i've had no time to upload and post my pictures

...so I'll let you read another poem I wrote. The prompt for this was to pick a color, and write about about it. I actually think subconsciously it may have been inspired by how much I hated my first year of college, and never being able to sleep away from home (i'm much happier than this now!) Let me know what you think.


the black
Black is a gift,
Black is a curse,
The night,
Why can’t I sleep?

Black brings dark shadows,
Confusion,
Exhaustion,
Possible hatred

Life in the dark,
Deep and forgiving,
Hope for it to end,
Or to stay.

Black eyeliner,
Contrast to the pillow,
I do not rest my head
Black bruises,
Contrast to my skin
I do not feel them anymore
The black makes me numb

The black crow,
Sitting,
Lurking,
Outside in the black
I picture it pick and prod,
The thoughts the black brings
The black,
The inspiration

Black gives me life,
The night is my mother,
The crow, my closest friend
I still feel alone

No comments:

Post a Comment