"It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all"
-Laura Ingalls Wilder
-Laura Ingalls Wilder
It was my mom's birthday on Saturday, and she hadn't celebrated her birthday in a long time. It made her happy, in the simplest kind of way, I hadn't seen her smile like that in awhile. She's very modest, so she never makes a scene about anything, or even asks for anything. It made me reflect on how much I truly love the people that surround me in my life. Glad we could make her feel special on her day, she is a very special person.
Weekend was good, worked at my new farmers market which I found to be trendster/hipster/upper class granola city...but I like it. Went to a party and practically my whole elementary school was there...not really. But its funny how towns are so..."stuck". If you stick around where you grew up, guarantee you'll always see the same faces. Speaking for Rhode Island that is. And small towns, at that. Now I'm back to work, back to school, and waiting with excitement for Thanksgiving. Then Christmas is right around the corner, thinking of handcrafting most of my gifts this year. Once I have some solid ideas, I may share. >.< Oh, and click here for a performance of a very beautifully crafted song, no relation to my life, just his story within this song makes me cry. I think that's all I've got for now.
"There are those who think that I’m strange
They would box me up and tell me to change
But you hold me close and softly say
That you wouldn’t have me any other way"
They would box me up and tell me to change
But you hold me close and softly say
That you wouldn’t have me any other way"
-author unknown


No comments:
Post a Comment