21.11.10

sickU: The University of Sick

that's the school I should attend haha. Instead, this weekend has been interesting. Still on the college search for next year, looking for a solid Graphic Design program, I think. Boy and I are reconsidering a big move to South Carolina, seeing as how our funds are rather insufficient. It's okay though, I just wanna finish up school with him, either way. Also, this weekend on Friday, I went to try to go see WHAM CITY comedy tour/ Dan Deacon, and it was an absolute fail. It was a total creep show and Jordan and Alex and I left IMMEDIATELY. And I thought I was a weirdo...............................

I also worked at my farmers market and almost sold out, but was feeling terribly crappy the whole time. Anyways, spent the remainder of this weekend being sick (which included Jordan being my best friend, hanging with my family and loving them and watching Purple Rain which is pretty good!), and not sure how tomorrow(Monday) is going to go. Kinda sucks, considering I have a busy 3 days ahead of me before the awesome and mighty THANKSGIVING DAY. But the intent of the blog is not for you to listen to my sorrows.

SO. HERE'S SOME BRAIN FOOD.


try listening to some of these albums.... 


- Deyarmond Edison/Deyarmond Edison Former band of Justin Vernon from Bon Iver; beautiful 
- Prince & The Revolution/Purple Rain Soundtrack Watch the movie too, it's an 80s spectacular
- fun./Aim and Ignite Perfect indie-pop to perk up your perfectly plain weekend
- Jose Gonzales/In Our Nature One my personal favorites of all times, this album never gets old to me and always tends to relax me. Gonzales is simply a genius, yet he is not always well recognized as one.


try making a craft from here....


CRAFT BITS! This website is awesome. It has any type of craft you could imagine from sock monkeys to candle making to refurbishing a recycled item of any type. After looking at it, I wanted to try out every one! Great gifts to make for the holiday season.


try laughing a little....


 MY LIFE IS BRO Funniest website to stumbleupon in a long time. If you enjoy bro humor, this is for you. Similar to the "TFLN.com" format, I'm sure this website could have you laughing, even if you're sick. It's WICKED CHILL BRO.


try tasting this....

via brightideas



Why don't you make a trail mix for a delicious little munchies snack! It was my intent this weekend to make one including the ingredients below, but you can add anything!


Mine would have...
Raisins/Craisins
Assorted nuts
M&Ms
Cheerios
Goldfish


Other Ideas...
Pretzels
Chocolate Chips
Dried fruit
Chex cereal
Popcorn


ALSO. If you've never had them before, ask you're local farmer if (s)he knows where you can find yourself some home-made DILL BEANS. They are a dream come true, better than pickles!


Adding this to my blog makes me feel that maybe sometime I'll post an ACTUAL recipe?! We shall see...

Hope that keeps you busy for a little bit.

Anyways, that is all I have for you today. I need to finish doing some homework/ resting up so I can try and go to work tomorrow. I need to save all my money for some Christmas presents for everyone! I still want to go on a trip with Jor over winter vacation, too! Let's see if I can make it all happen. Also, my new goal is to start to work out more/lose some weight/eat better, so I will keep you updated on my new challenge! Lastly, I will share with you one of my all time favorite quotes, by my all time favorite poet.




"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are"
- e.e. cummings


No comments:

Post a Comment